Saturday, January 10, 2015

Vision and Passion


Vision and Passion~
I've been thinking a lot about where life is going. The uncertainty of each step towards the unknown is difficult at times. This past year I put a lot of the things I was passionate about on hold. I had our third baby boy and shortly afterward joined Doterra as a business from home.  I suffered the worst postpartum depression I've had, and thanks to prayer, blessings, natural remedies, dear friends, and especially my most supportive and amazing husband, I made it through a tough year.  Blogging became less frequent, playing my guitar, singing, performing, volunteering in the community, cooking up new recipes, attending yoga classes, and even time with my children seemed to gradually dissipate as I just tried to keep up with daily tasks.  Life became imbalanced once again--but this blog is to show my efforts to always come back and regain that balance I desire.  In a previous post, I wrote about how if we have a specific goal, we may need to put other things on hold for awhile in order to attain the focus we need in one direction.  It's sometimes what has to happen in order to see progression. 
Well, now I have less passion, but more vision. There's a balance between the two.  As I look optimistically into the future now, it's a wide expanse of unknown landscape glossed over by a settling mist. We have many passions that drive us. They keep us focused and motivated in a pin point direction, but a vision is like a calm ocean spread out serenely calling us to move forward with grace and good intent.  Passion tends to feel self-oriented.  When we say we are passionate about something, it's almost like we are saying we do it more or better than anyone else does.  Vision on the other hand, is like an invitation for others to join you in what you love.  I'm beginning to see how we are indeed all connected. 
I've been teaching Yoga Workshops this past year using the essential oils.  Each month has a theme, and I was most pleased when I opened the manual recently to see that this month's theme is "Vision."  Oh how appropriate 

No comments:

Post a Comment