Friday, August 2, 2013

Happy Pregnancy



Prenatal Super Smoothie:  Want to feel happy, & energetic during pregnancy?  This is a great way to start the day. Calm your tummy with some enzymes from ginger, pineapple, and probiotics, raise your serotonin with avocado & banana, curb headaches with electrolytes from coconut water, lift out of lethargy with iron from limes & spinach, and feel sustained by the healthy protien, calories, and essential fats you need for two.  This recipe feeds four--(plus your growing baby.)

1 1/2 Frozen Bananas
1 Whole Avacado, Pitted & Peeled
1 Handful Fresh Cilantro or Parsley
Juice of 1 Fresh Lime (include a bit of rind if you don't mind the bitter taste)
1 inch of Fresh Ginger Root, Peeled
Generous Handful of Spinach
1 Scoop Raw Sprouted Vanilla Protein Powder
11/2 Cups Coconut Water
1 Cup Plain Yogurt
1-11/2 Cups Pineapple (add ice if not frozen)
1 Tbs. Fish, Flax, or Coconut Oil



High Iron Smoothie:  Here is another great smoothie during pregnancy--(or other times when women tend to be low in iron.) Recharge and cleanse your bloodstream with high iron spinach, blueberries, & beets. 

1 Cup Cranberry Juice
3/4 Cup Plain Yogurt
1/3 Frozen Banana
2 Handfuls Spinach
1/2 Cup Blueberries (add ice if fresh)
5-7 Large Strawberries with the Greens
1-2 Medium Fresh Beets, Peeled, & Sliced. (I sometimes use 4-5 small canned beets instead)
1 Scoop Raw Sprouted Vanilla Protein Powder

Secret's Out~
So you probably guessed it-- we are expecting our third child!  My garden is growing this summer, and now so is our family.  We have spent so much more time together as a family than ever before.  We just celebrated Liam's 4th birthday, and Aiden turned 7 back in May.  They are taking swimming lessons together, enjoying Aiden's Tee-Ball league, and kids yoga classes at the park  Liam loves his art projects at preschool, and playing with all the neighborhood friends.  I've performed as a singer/songwriter for many outdoor concert series this year as well.  Fireworks, the carnival, the rodeo, the water park, boating, fun centers, splash pads, cousins, swimming, fishing, and campfire dinners.  It's what summer is all about.  This morning in a yoga class I attended as a student, my attention was bought to the concept of where we put our energy, there we will reap our fruit.  I feel like I made the right decision to leave my employment and focus on my family.  Now, I can see the result of happier children, a healthy pregnancy, and a flourishing garden to feed us all. 

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hope you can use these recipes! I have all my pregnant friends in mind. Thanks Caren!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful choice. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember your husband saying you made that choice too Shauna. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay!! I'm so happy for you. I think this was a great decision for you. It sounds like you've gotten a lot out of this summer! I don't think we ever regret time focused on our families, and taking some time to work on our talents. Only good can come out of that. Guess what! I'm about to be pregnant too! (Hopefully!!) My own family is complete so I decided to become a surrogate one more time. I will be having IVF mid August. I'm so excited! The part of pregnancy that I don't look forward to is the first trimester because I get so morning sick. I can barely eat anything. These smoothies sound perfect. I'm pretty sure I could live on smoothies instead of rice krispies and tortilla chips hahaha I will give them a try!! I always feel so bad because I can't get much nutrition down during that part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! these smoothies look amazing! Im so grateful for your calm energy and peaceful influence on my life, even if it's just through technology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel likewise Liz. Thanks for your kind words! Heidi--you are amazing for embarking on the surrogate mother path again! I feel like something is in the water around here everyone around me is prego. Just found out I'm about 15-16 weeks along when I thought I was 11! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Amara! That's wonderful news! I'm so excited for you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia! I'm glad I know where to find you now that I don't see you as a Good Earth Customer all the time!

      Delete
  8. Hey... congrats, Amara. How about some darling pregnancy profiles shots of you one of these days? So happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think to take pictures until you suggested it-thanks for the idea! Will do Penny. Although my last "prenatal" Photoshoot was not all that darling. :)

      Delete